I am worrying about my debts what can I do?

The Money Advice Service has developed some useful tools about what to do now to stop the situation getting worse

Is there any help with Council Tax?

It depends on the Council, some are offering payment holidays or deferred payments and if your income has dropped you may be entitled to Council Tax Support. We will update this guide once we have definitive information – check your local council website for latest information.

Is there any help with water rates?

Contact your supplier – some are agreeing to defer payments and all are putting a hold on debt collection.

What about other bills, loans or debts?

Contact the creditor – ask for payment holidays, reduced payments or for them to delay enforcement action. Most are offering some help to people during COVID-19.

Don’t go to loan sharks or take out pay-day loans.

If you are struggling – get advice there is free advice available now

To download the full COVID19 Survival kit click here