“After a decade-long attack on the most vulnerable members of our community, the politics of austerity and nationalism have led to homelessness, racism, discrimination, exploitation and division. We will not stand by and silently watch this attack on our communities.
We have a vision of a fairer society. We all have a part to play.
We aim to bring together those who share our views. If you agree, we welcome you to join us.”
On Thursday 11th April 2019 6-8pm at Thompsons Solicitors, 55 King Street, Manchester, we will launch our manifesto, laying out what we demand and our role in fighting for it. We will be joined by Shadow Justice Secretary Richard Burgon MP and GMLC Patrons Maxine Peake and Robert Lizar.
Join us in fighting for:
- The restoration of legal aid
- A supportive social security system
- The next generation of social welfare lawyers
- An end to the hostile environment for claimants and migrants
- Everyone’s right to a secure home
Discover the role that law centres play:
- By assisting individuals in reversing unlawful decisions and enforcing their legal rights
- By identifying systemic failures that need to be challenged through strategic litigation and policy work
- By campaigning with others for change
Advice alone is not enough. We are campaigning with others for the system and the laws to be changed. We recognise that it is only through collective action we can achieve real change. We are not just fighting for access to the law, we are fighting for access to justice, and we call on you to join us.