We are looking for:
Welfare Benefit Caseworker Volunteers
Our fantastic welfare benefits casework volunteers have achieved:
- Successfully challenging the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) for demanding £30,000 in benefits repayments from a person falsely classified as having no leave to remain by the Home Office
- Representing a person who had been fined for failing to notify the DWP of a change in their circumstances by successfully proving that the DWP were in fact aware of the change
- Winning an 8 month battle for a person denied benefits on basis of a physiotherapist’s assessment, when their difficulties were actually caused by mental health conditions
- Recovering over one million pounds in benefits for people in Greater Manchester since we opened in 2016
Do you want to make a difference in your community while learning and gaining skills? Do you want to improve your confidence and employability?
We are looking for welfare benefit caseworker volunteers to help provide advice and assistance on a number of benefit issues from assistance with completing complex claim forms to challenging unfair decisions made by the DWP.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of one day per week at our GMLC office
- Experience in representing at tribunal is desirable
- Knowledge of welfare benefits is essential
Please find below the full role description and application form for download. Return to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us to pick up an application and email it to Ngaryan Li.
Download the full job description here.
Download the application form here.
For other services volunteer roles please go to www.gmlaw.org.uk/service-volunteers/, read the role descriptions and download our volunteer application forms.
Or do you know someone who could?
Please share our volunteering offer in your networks.
Please download the A4 poster below to share. Just click on the image.