Please note that in almost all cases there will be steps that you need to take with ACAS before you can begin proceedings at the employment tribunal.

If you are a member of a trade union please contact your union in the first instance and explain your issue to them.


The ACAS helpline adviser can talk through your options, explain the benefits and risk of each option and explain what the law says in relation to your issue.

Tel: 0300 123 1190


Citizen’s Advice Bureau Manchester

Tel:03444 111 222


Address: Information Hub at Manchester Town Hall Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2pm.

Citizen’s Advice Bureau Oldham

Tel: 0300 330 9073


Address: 1-2 Ascroft Court, Peter Street, Oldham, OL1 1HP

Citizen’s Advice Bureau Salford

Tel: 0300 330 9074


Address: Salford Precinct, 25a Hankinson Way, Salford M6

Citizen’s Advice Bureau Trafford

Tel: 0300 330 9073


Address: 1 Waterside Plaza, Sale, Trafford, M33 7BS

University of Law East Manchester Legal Advice Clinic

Provide assistance with employment law queries.

Tel: 01483 216924 (please leave your contact details to be considered for an appointment at the clinic & they will call you back)

University of Manchester Legal Advice Centre

The Centre can advise on all aspects of employment law, for example unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, rights at work, disciplinary matters, grievances, redundancy, employment contract, health and safety, criminal convictions.They can assist at various stages of the process, from raising a complaint with your employer to bringing a claim in the Employment Tribunal

To request an appointment please fill out the online form here

Tel:  0161 275 7976 (please note the Centre is running a reduced service over Christmas and will resume usual capacity on 3rd February 2020)


Address: The Justice Hub, School of Law, The University of Manchester, 188 Waterloo Place, Oxford Road , Manchester, M13 9PL