Services: Free Legal Help

“Had it not been for the tireless work of my legal team who worked on a pro-bono basis and helped me fight the label of “terrorist” in the civil courts, I would never have been able to redeem myself or move on with my life. The right to justice is a right that all people deserve, and I am happy but mostly relieved that the Greater Manchester Law Centre will work with the people of Manchester to protect this right.”

-Dr Rizwaan Sabir

All advice at Greater Manchester Law Centre, 159 Princess Road, Moss Side, Manchester, M14 4RE.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 10am-3pm

Welfare Benefits

Support with Employment Support Allowance (ESA) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

By appointment only (self-referrals or via organisations)

MONDAY:  ESA50 Form completion & PIP Form completion


WEDNESDAY:  ESA50 Form completion & PIP Form completion

THURSDAY: ESA failed Work Capability Assessment appeals (failed medical assessment)

The GMLC caseworkers can advise, assist and represent people who are appealing against negative ESA decisions where there is:

  • Failure to attend a medical assessment
  • Failed medical assessment
  • Being put in the work-related activity group and not the support group
  • Sanctions
  • Right to reside
  • Overpayments

If you wish to refer to the services please contact us by phone 0161 769 2244 or email  *protected email*.


NEW DROP IN: Community Care Legal Advice with AGI

Every second Monday of the Month, 12.30-4 pm

First date: 8th May 2017

We can only see the first 7 people on each day.

Here some information about this service:

What is community care law?

Community care refers to the support and services provided by the NHS or Local Authorities when you are ill, disabled or have a mental health condition. These services are for children, adults and older people.

What can we help with?

  • Getting an assessment of your needs for support at home or in the community
  • Accessing a mental health assessment
  • Resolving disagreements about your needs with professionals involved in your care
  • Getting the right support to meet your needs
  • Increasing your hours of support if you don’t have enough
  • Obtaining suitable housing
  • Obtaining support and services for carers
  • Reducing your care charges if you are struggling to afford them or feel they are too high
  • Getting equipment to help you at home
  • Getting an adaptation to your home so you can move around easily and safely
  • Support for disabled children and their families
  • Support for looked after children
  • Resolving problems with residential and nursing home placements or charges
  • Support for disabled asylum seekers
  • Safeguarding or capacity issues
  • Closure or reorganisation of your local services


Here is a list of all the services we will be launching soon.

23 May 2016